- August 22, 2021 - August 25, 2021
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
You will receive a link to the training the day before.
– This course is a 3-day immersion into IPv6 Fundamentals.
– In order to enhance the course, an IPv6 ready lab environment based on Cisco devices, Windows and LINUX hosts is used.
– Whether you are a vendor selling IPv6 Solutions, a manager, or a network administrator looking to lead the effort, this is the course for you to convert your IPv4 understanding into IPv6 basic know how.
Who should attend :
Anyone who will need to understand the IPv6 basic rules.
– Basic networking skills.
– Practical experience with design, management, and/or troubleshooting of IPv4 networks is recommended.
IP History and Overview
– IP Address Assignment
– IPv4 History and Status
– IPv6 History and Status
– IPv6 Features and Benefits
IPv6 Header Format
– IPv6 Header Changes
– IPv6 Extension Headers
IPv6 Address Architecture
– IPv6 Address Allocation and Assignment
– IPv6 Address Types
– IPv6 Address Text Representation
– IPv6 Address Structure
IPv6 Supported Platforms
– IPv6 on Windows OS
– IPv6 on MAC OS
– IPv6 on Linux OS
– IPv6 on Cisco IOS
– ICMPv6 Introduction
– ICMPv6 Message Types
– ICMPv6 Path MTU Discovery
– ICMPv6 Multicast Listener Discovery
– ICMPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol
– ICMPv6 Recommendations
IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
– IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Introduction
– IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (SLAAC)
– IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (DHCPv6)
– DNS for IPv6
IPv6 Migrations Methods
– Dual Stack
– Address Planning